Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Review: Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Hey there,

I wanted to share with you my latest finished reading experience, which was reading the novel Mini Shopaholic, which is the sixth book in the Shopaholic series, written by the talented Sophie Kinsella. I've loved the books from the first one, and I certainly can't get enough of the wacky main character, Rebecca "Becky" Bloomwood. Now IF you haven't read the previous books of the series, stop reading now, as I might spoil the story for you too much. ;)

Like probably many readers of this blog, I can easily relate to many things in Becky's life, especially on her views when shopping, "it's a great bargain...". :D On the other hand, the lovely naïveness (or what's the right word?) of her sometimes just drives me crazy when reading. I wanna shout to her and tell her to think before acting, to stop spending so much and so on... If you've read, you know what I mean.

I love the work Sophie Kinsella has done with the series, her style of writing is nicely light, so the whole series is a great read for holidays or even lunch hour. You don't have to have that much time to get on with the story, as it isn't that deep-thought - one of the things I love the most about these books.

The novel Mini Shopaholic tells about the time that Becky and Luke's little girl is already three years old, and begins to show quite a character. That turns out to be a problem to some, and Becky starts to think whether she should admit there's actually a problem with her own daughter. But you know Becky, she never goes down without a fight. ;)

The plot also centers around Becky arranging this huge birthday bash to her lovely husband Luke Brandon, and how she tries to keep it as a secret while doing everything on her own - in a low budget! It's such a fun read! I totally recommend this to all of you who enjoy shopping, find a little shopaholic inside them, or just want to find a great read that's light one.

I know this review isn't quite thorough, but I'll try to improve by time. :)

Until next read,

xoxo

Silvertigo

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! I am so glad I ran into it!! I really hope you stop by and tell me what you think of mine :) keep in touch! http://franomad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francesca, glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, that's very sweet :)

      Delete
  3. I love visiting your blog, very cool!
    http://agoratopronta.blogspot.com/
    kissing Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative review darling! :)
    Where can I find the novel? <3
    Have a fabulous day!


    ♥ sugarpuff ♥

    Pinkie Anggia
    http://pinkieanggia.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found it in my nearest book store, don't know how it is in your country... Amazon.com, maybe?

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting, come back soon <3
    http://agoratopronta.blogspot.com/
    kissing Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog, thank you so much for your coment!
    xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting, come back soon <3
    http://agoratopronta.blogspot.com/
    kissing Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the review! And awesome blog :)

    cheers,

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute post :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big thanks for everyone who has left a comment, you have made me feel I should do more these posts. :) Which I actually just did, yay! More coming up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaa, katsoin juuri eilen telkkarista Shopaholicin. :) Täytyy ahmia vielä kirjatkin, kun nyt on vihdoinkin aikaa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely post and the blog!
    blogging from Ukraine
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I always read every single one of them, and appreciate all them equally, even though I might not answer to every one individually. :) Your lovely comments always make my day, and I love to hear what you're thinking. I try to have the time to check out your blogs, and maybe comment back. :)

You can comment in following languages (as these are the ones I understand):
English, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, German

xoxo ♥