Monday, November 26, 2012

Book Review: L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad

Hi guys!

Sorry for not posting here in quite a while, somehow it's been hard to start writing. Anyways, it's time for another book review, and this time, it is:

L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad

Personally, I love anything by LC, so I was excited to pick up a copy of her novel and to start reading it. I was a bit concerned about whether she actually could write a believable novel with readable language. But I put my doubts aside, and started reading the book.

Many of you surely know the concept of the L.A. Candy series, but those who don't: The series tells about Jane Roberts, who moves to L.A. to follow her dreams, gets a great job at an events management company. Pretty soon after that she and three other girls will become the stars of a reality show, and the series is pretty much an inside story about the reality shows and the whole industry about them.

I think it really shows that LC herself has been in a reality show herself, having to think about the consequences of your every action in front and behind of the camera. Even though the books are fiction, the story is quite believable - at least in L.A. - so I was pretty impressed about miss Conrad's work.

The first book of the series totally got me to want to read the rest of the books in the series - and to buy the style guide she has written. (and that'll be the next review, trust me)

The thing I love about these books is that they are such a light read, which fits my current lifestyle perfectly. Probably I'll get to more serious reading once my life isn't so hectic, but these are books you can read bit by bit, even in a hurry. And that's so amazing! 

As I'm typing this review, I've already read the two first books of this series. And I loved them both - I wish that during Christmas break, I'll be able to read the third one. ;)

Have you guys read L.A. Candy series? What do you think about it, yay or nay? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I always read every single one of them, and appreciate all them equally, even though I might not answer to every one individually. :) Your lovely comments always make my day, and I love to hear what you're thinking. I try to have the time to check out your blogs, and maybe comment back. :)

You can comment in following languages (as these are the ones I understand):
English, Swedish, Finnish, Spanish, German

xoxo ♥